FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Garage sales and yard sales
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2005, 11:02 PM   #4
Karen Hulvey
Yay for garage sales. I bought one of my Minolta XG-1 cameras with a 50 mm lens for $2 at a garage sale. I figured, hey if it doesn't work it's still worth it to get it fixed." I popped a battery in her and the pictures I've posted here are from that $2 camera. The flash shoe didn't work on the XG-1 body I already had but it works on the $2 one.

My best place to buy tanks, rats, mice and the occasional reptile is a local small animal auction held the second Sunday of every month. This month I bought 27 medium to large and a couple Jumbo rats for 85 cents each. They were split up in six 10 gallon tanks with water bottles and black metal screen tuff tops.

Last month I bought 25 mice for 55 cents each and they were split up into two groups and in two 10 gallon tanks with home-made tops with water bottles and one had a wheel in it.

I've bought tons of dwarf and Syrian hamsters and have never paid more than $1 for any of them. Some of them came with nice cages, kritter keepers, reptile ranches, etc.

One time they had 25 brand new 10 gallon tanks and I bought all of them for $4 each.

Tons of rabbits, none priced over $3 and most for $2.50. Some go higher but I just let those go.

I've bought a Cal-King B&W for $20, a KSB baby for $5, an amevia, that they called a yellow striped agama, for $8, a large pac man frog for $12, ball python adult for $30, adult BCI for $55.

In October they had an approx. 15' retic that they couldn't get a bid on and the bid was only $20. Then they said the owner had to sell it and would take $20. No I didn't bid, I can't handle something that large, especially in a retic. It was a beauty though.

Large iggys usually go for around $20-$40.