FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Hotmail, and other "anonymous" Email addresses
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2003, 12:36 PM   #8
midnightline
I have to agree with Cheryl. I've changed ISPs several times in the past few months, and I'm very glad I have a yahoo account. I've had my yahoo email address for something like 5 years now, but my other email addresses keep changing. I, too, also like being able to check my email online from any computer.

While there's nothing wrong with getting phone calls, I'm on dialup at home, and most of the time when I'm home and not sleeping, I'm logged in online, so a phone call wouldn't reach me anyway. If I ever decided to make my hobby into a business, I'd consider a second phoneline or perhaps just DSL, but right now there's no real need.

Frankly, you can be scammed just as easily by someone with an ISP-provided email as you can by someone with a free email account, and likewise you can have just as good a transaction with someone on yahoo or hotmail as you can with someone who has an ISP-based account. There's no substitute for doing your homework and checking the BOI.

-Kat Hall