FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - I hate scammers
Thread: I hate scammers
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2019, 11:51 AM   #8
Lucille
The money order is a 'process'. Yesterday was the first step, paying Moneygram for a copy of the cashed money order.
That may take from 2-20 days to receive depending on whether the Walmart clerk entered everything correctly. Once I have that I can see whether the thieves altered it and replaced the credit union name with their own or just signed the name of my credit union then endorsed it over to a friend who cashed it with their own ID. And call in the help of the police, USPS (because it was mailed) and possibly Moneygram.
I was extremely disappointed in my credit union. I called to see if they had any encouraging words but because they are not involved or liable they were completely uninterested.
Some people in the world are out to scam you, and many of the rest appear not to care very much if it does not directly affect them.
But I do know that one is responsible for one's own outlook in life and whatever the basic circumstances of one's own life one can choose to be either sunny or grouchy. And they say money can't buy happiness but certain items like a new-to-you bike make life happier, it is a well known fact among bicycle folk.