FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Pro Venomoids
Thread: Pro Venomoids
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2005, 03:39 PM   #19
redknee
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhunter
Hello, I am new to this forum, and I have been seeing a lot of negative response to venomoids. Personally, I feel that it should be illegal to keep hot reptiles. I believe that the only types of venomous snakes that should be legal to keep are venomoids. I feel that hot snakes are not only a risk to their owner, but to the general public. Accidents cannot be forseen, and they can and do occur. For this reason only venomoids should be legal to own as an extra security measure. Duct/gland removal, when done properly and with proper anesthetics, does not alter the snakes quality of life. How can the absence of venom negatively effect a captive snake?

-Rusty
I dont agree with you one bit im afraid i hate the idea of venomoids if anyone is going to keep venomous snakes which i think if they have the right attitude and respect for these creatures then go for it. it is important to the species as a majority of venomous keepers are experienced in this field. i cant see the point of venomoids, if ur going to keep a hot snake then why have its vemon glands removed get a boa instead. it is unnatural and should be outlawed imo. ive known people who have kept venomous snakes for over 10 years and have never had any accidents because they have RESPECT for these animals which is the number one rule when keeping venomous snakes.

in my opinion why have a venomous snake if you dont want it to be vemonous