FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Ed Clark, again
Thread: Bad Guy Ed Clark, again
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 06:50 PM   #17
rusticreptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronSerio View Post
As already stated Nicole, you requested a particular day for shipping. You only came back to Ed about his shipping methods (the heat packs) and the weather after you found out the snake had a URI. In the first couple of e-mails you sent him you ONLY make mention about the FedEx driver, not Ed's shipping methods.

Secondly, what ever happened to proper quarantine? You repeatedly make mention that you bought this snake to breed THIS season with a female already going through a cycle. Luckily, you took this snake to a vet and had it diagnosed with some internal parasites. Wouldn't that be fun to add to your breeding stock female!
I requested the day AFTER he said he could ship right away. Again, if he had said, in my experience it is unsafe or unwise to ship in these temps, I would have been fine to hold off if he would be willing to hold it.

The snake IS in quarantine and would have been so for 60 days. A fecal would have been performed. If parasites were the only thing wrong I would not have even bothered him. I may have said a "btw these snakes have parasites, you may want to run a test" I had just started cooling my female when I found out that the male would be arriving, so by the time he was out of quarantine I could have begun introducing them.

In my first emails I assumed that it was the dumb fed ex drivers fault. Again, very new at this and assumed that the shipper wouldn't have done anything wrong. In talking with others about what happened with my snakes, the possibility of incorrect shipping methods came up. Again, most said they would refuse to ship under 30 degrees.