FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Global Tortoise Farm aldabra.radiatedtortoise@gmail.com
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2017, 01:12 PM   #1
Big Time Reptiles
Global Tortoise Farm aldabra.radiatedtortoise@gmail.com

Company: Global tortoise farm

Email:
aldabra.radiatedtortoise@gmail.com

info@tortoisehomefarm.org

DEFINITELY A SCAM

Here is an email from them in response to an email I sent them asking for pricing..

On Sat, Sep 2, 2017 at 4:38 AM, Global Tortoise Farm <info@tortoisehomefarm.org> wrote:
"Hello,

thanks for your interest in my tortoises. We take our 20+ years experience and select you quality, cherry-picked imports and/or the best CB stock from our many captive-breeding suppliers. This is how you get quality control. Comes with CITES, Health Certificate and shipping company does clearance to deliver right to your front door / home address and you don't need to go to the airport. We also offer shipping upon requests and delivery is done with no deaths on shipment. We deliver safely and securely right to your front door. We offer discounts for bulk orders. Let me know if you have any questions.

Radiated Tortoise (Astrochelys Radiata)
- Babies = $350 each
- Sub adults = $1100 each
- Adults = $1700 each

Aldabra Giant Tortoise (Geochelone Gigantea)
- Babies = $650 each
- Sub adults = $2850 each
- Adults = $4300 each

Leopard Tortoise (Geochelone Pardalis)
- Babies = $150 each
- Sub adults = $350 each
- Adults = $1200 each

Shipping time is 2 days after payment is confirmed and we accept upto 50% deposits for bulk orders. Please answer the following questions below;

How many tortoises do you want to buy and which species ?
Do you want the order shipped directly to your address or pickup at the airport ?
Payment : Bank Transfer ?

Thank You"

I played along to possibly get a name & their mode of operation, I received this:

On Sep 4, 2017, at 11:17 PM, Aldabra and Radiated Tortoise For Sale <aldabra.radiatedtortoise@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

How was your holidays ? Hope you had quality time with your family. I will like to inform you that Kenyan banks limit us to receiving maximum of $5000 per transaction. So you will have to make the payment in 2 installments but will proceed with paperwork once we receive the first installment. We will ship to tortoises on Thursday afternoon and you will receive them on Saturday morning in the USA. I will provide you with a tracking number which you will use in tracking the shipment till they arrive at your address. Please do well to provide the information which I will use for creating an invoice

Below is the Bank Account information;

Beneficiary : Naisiae W. D. Kisoso
Beneficiary Bank : EQUITY BANK KENYA
Account Number : 0350164019204
Swift Code : EQBLKENA
Address: Upper Hill - Hospital Road, Equity Centre, 9th floor.
City: NAIROBI

It's a scam, Avoid like the plague!

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles