FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Preppers , a rant
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2020, 03:15 PM   #6
Insomniac101
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
I don't understand the run on TP. There are alternatives if one does not mind doing extra laundry or stepping into the shower after doing one's business. While detergents have taken a hit the shelves have never been empty, and you can still find ammonia or oxi-clean.... and yes now I have enough of those to last a year.

Heck I have 80 snakes, a dozen of which are retics, burms, anacondas, etc. They make messes. They make BIG messes. So, some old jeans and shirts have been sacrificed into clean-up rags, and they get washed separately in hot water with a long soak and an extra rinse cycle.
I have no issue with people planning ahead, and making preparations for their families. However, clearing the shelves of TP, Kleenex, hand sanitizer, and disinfectant wipes by the cartful, and trying to sell it at a premium, is wrong. I'm glad that Amazon and ebay shut down sales from private individuals, and that some stores are not allowing returns. Obviously, not everyone is doing that, but some are.

As Melinda said, there are alternatives if it becomes necessary. What's strange, is that I saw people with carts packed with paper products, but no food. I just think that non-perishable food supplies are far more critical than toilet paper, but looking at the store shelves, I seem to be in the minority on that.