FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Blue eye bearded dragons Marek's/herpies
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 07:27 AM   #7
DNA Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi Dragons View Post
This is the wrong forum.

However, I would love to see something in writing regarding studies, documentation, etc. Calling it a "universal conclusion" with absolutely nothing other than a single photo is quite the leap...
Okay, who wants to donate their blue eyed dragon pets/breeders towards research? This is the only way to carry on with the studies needed to actually prove the theory. I will say that disease sounds like a great theory, but there is no research to back this, so until we (only the ones who care) work together and figure it out, all we have are ideas…

Disease does not bother me too much because it apparently will not pass from parent to offspring. I am very interested in this specific topic because the blue eyed trait does not pass from parent to offspring either. Is no one suspicious that there are no blue eyed offspring coming from breeders who claim they work with blue eyed genetics? Do the breeders who make this claim even know what they are in possession of, and do any of us for that matter?

I always assumed it was a polygenic trait that’s mystery would continue to go unanswered. If disease is proven it’s a big deal and a chapter closed. I see from reading around that often people have two dragons with blue eyes, breeders have several, etc, and what I wonder is, where did they come from, why do they have more than one, and why can’t they show evidence of it reproducing? Stevens theory simply answers my questions, but I am still interested in hearing other answers. Seeing the picture of that eye next to a dragons blue eye, looks indeed like the same thing, but it is not evidence, and there is only one way to find out for many of us. To find out people will need to have an experienced person (I am not sure how experienced this person will need to be) examine the carcass of a blue-eyed bearded dragon.