FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - good beginner venomous snake
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2004, 09:33 AM   #118
Mustangrde1
Eric.
As to who my teachers were." Lets say still are" as I believe there is no time to ever stop learning. And that is simple to answer EVERY KEEPER is my teacher you can learn something be it good or bad from them all. I have loved herps since I was a kid and like most boys always was bringing one home. It has been a lifetime of learning and a lifetime still of learning.

My first teacher was myself Stupid as it was I kept a Mojave and Southern Pacific when i lived in cali along with some westerns from time to time. Luckily and i do mean luckily i wasnt bitten. I was a deffinate candidate for the Darwin Award several times.

When i Moved to FL I had to get permit and Ray Hunter trained me here for my VRL Permit. In learning with Ray I saw many things i did wrong and was exposed to many of the worlds venomous snakes and how to deal with them safely. Now here is my standard disclaimer. Anyone thats seen Ray's sight might get the wrong impression of him being dangerous. Fact he is extremely safe and really hammers in key points and will never allow anyone to work with or near him that does dangerous acts. I guess the biggest reason I yell about getting trained and waiting till your 18 is because I relised after training how damn lucky i was not to have been bit.