FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Snakes at Sunset (Miami)
Thread: Bad Guy Snakes at Sunset (Miami)
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2011, 10:07 AM   #133
Frank331
I don't mean to bring this thread back from the dead, but I just felt that I had to share my experience.

I've been going to Snakes at Sunset since I was a little kid, back in its original location with the old owners. The place wasn't exactly well kept (crickets roaming everywhere, the smell was pretty bad, etc.) and the staff wasn't the most helpful in the world.
Ever since Mike has taken over, the place has made a real turn around. Its better kept and I've never had a problem with him or his dad.
He has always been helpful with questions and is always willing to work out a deal. Just the other day I was there inquiring about another Chameleon and he offered to sell me a very healthy looking Ambilobe juvie for 50 bucks off his sale price, which was already low compared to some big name breeders.
As far as the snake with mites, it happens to the best of them, especially when you are a big importer like mike. If I remember the layout of the old store correctly, that snake would have been in the room off to the right which is usually barren, with no animals and occasionally blocked off. If you've ever been to the old store, you would know there isn't a heck of a lot of room for a quarantine room without risking the other animals.
Bad experiences are bound to happen, theres no reason to start a tirade and try and defame someone else's business and livelihood.
Oh and since no transaction took place between OP and snakes, theres no real justification for a bad guy post to begin with.