FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Going to the Keys
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 12:49 PM   #5
Mooing Tricycle
i was down there just this spring, There are lots of Anoles and the Fence Lizards. I saw a neat gecko, but couldn't tell you what kind it was. The Iguanas are there, but since i didnt have a chance to try catching any ( and getting my butt kicked in the process) I cant say how hard or easy it is * i was told it was difficult, as they are FAST!* ^_^ Like said above Marathon seems to have a bunch of them...

I say, the most fun you will have there is going snorkeling! I spent nearly all of my time there in the water, and got to see some pretty cool stuff! The spiny lobsters hang out in little dens just out to where you cant touch the bottom, and lots of Little colorful fish out there too. * please please please be careful of what little coral is out there!!, the hurricanes ruined alot of stuff, so what little is there, needs to stay! *

You can find Conch - Live and just the Shells of those, I saw a Sea Urchin hanging out in the sand. I saw two sea turtles as well, and im HOPING i got pictures of them with the underwater cameras i bought.

Theres a ton more stuff i saw, but i suppose i should let you discover that on your own! the place is TEAMING with some of the coolest stuff ive ever seen!

My recommendations are:

Go to Blue Heaven for Brunch and Dinner!!!
For a neat beach, go to "The Bahia Honda" - this is where i saw the sea turtles * there were also screened off nests at the time there*
Check out a Place called Fogartys * at night, there is a Margarita shack next to this that is just so much fun, they have about a bazillion flavors too!, This is the part i actually want you to see*
Check out Sarabeths for Breakfast! Excellent food

Be sure to watch the sunset on the Pier too its all romanticy and such! heh!
The "Cat Man" is there with cats that do some pretty fun tricks, one of those cheesy sideshow things, but hey, it adds to the fun of the place!

MAKE SURE YOU GET CONCH FRITTERS!!!!! <3

and this post is a year old....