FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Status check on health of this site.
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 06:20 PM   #56
Stardust
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
If a registered member wants to leave feedback - good, bad, or neutral (since those are the options in the trader rating) - they can post on the BOI. It really is that simple.
As for people "losing ratings to non paying members, sure, it happens. But does it make a difference? Maybe if somebody is hung up on numbers, but otherwise probably not.

one interesting anomoly - I did receive a rating from a person whose user title ranks him as a registered member. Is he really a contributing member that doesn't want people to know, does he have secret powers enabling him, was he "grandfathered in", or was it just a fluke? I'm not really asking for an investigation, lol, but I was surprised to see it there.
I believe that people can hide their coins through the cp user options.

I am not sure it is exactly just about numbers. I think it is good to show what kind of rating you have and I look at them all the time. Some of my decisions are based on good feedback as well as how new they are depending on how many good feedbacks they have. Especially if I personally haven't dealt with them before. Also, it is easy to go to feedback rating as opposed to reading the BOI at times with some of the threads as long as they are it takes up way too much time that I don't always have the time for nor the inclination.