FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bill Cagle Snakes- My experience
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2008, 01:26 PM   #4
weird_science04
Hi John,

I am not familiar with all the breeders and have just recently heard of you. I did not post my experience to bash Bill Cagle or bring you into this experience. I have read everything now about Bill Cagle on fauna. I have found some people like him and others don't.

I have NEVER had a sick snake before and have been working really hard to save him. Everytime I have spoken to Bill about the snake he has been very open and willing to assist. The issue I have with Bill is not being able to get a hold of him when I need to.

His cellphone recently is working again and I have left him a message. I am hoping to hear back from him.

I do not expect people to stop buying snakes from Bill and I am not asking that. When I met Bill, I really liked him. The 2 times I have reached him on the phone, I enjoyed talking to him. Ultimately, I may decide to euthanize the snake if he doesn't die first. My issue is, I don't want to euthanize a snake that has nothing wrong with him but having trouble acclimating to captivity (I am going to assume this snake is an import based on things I have read about imports and people I have spoken to about Bill).

As for quarantine - This snake will never be in with my other snakes. 3 years down the road (if this snake is alive), it will still be in a separate room. I have no intention of breeding this North Brazilian and I have no intention of selling the snake. If he dies, a necropsy will be done so I know what was wrong with him. If he dies, his enclosure, bathing and feeding containers will be destroyed.

The problem I have with euthanizing him right now is - he has not regurged him last meal, I have watched him drink the other night, last night he was not hanging out under the heat but slightly away from it - does this stuff mean he is getting better? I don't know, but I don't want to hastily put a snake down without truly feeling he needs it.

Star