FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Beware of zactay24
Thread: Bad Guy Beware of zactay24
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2017, 02:19 PM   #8
Lucille
One can have a verbal contract with no deposit and it is a binding contract, with both sides agreeing to details or having left them out, clearly agreeing that a sale has been made.
That is different than the typical BOI case where a seller has something for sale and the buyer says he wants it but no final plans are made for transfer/shipping and manner of payment.
As sellers have mentioned many times on the BOI in the past, it is not uncommon at all to have a potential buyer say he wants to buy, and then never be heard from again. Clearly there was much more than that here.

Was there a verbal agreement here? While the final details of exactly when the pickup would happen were not posted, the seller's later post that 'the plans were for Saturday' make it seem as if he did indeed mean for this to be a sale.

With Paypal so easy, I agree that a small deposit helps show agreement, if there is a particular animal one wants, it might be a good idea to arrange such a deposit.
I am glad you posted your experience, it may alert the next potential buyer of this snake of what might be in store for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrock86 View Post
Something doesn't seem right.
I agree.