FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Fedex packages getting stuck in Memphis, TN.
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 02:33 AM   #8
RustyNuts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodybaroness View Post
This happened to me last week. I had a package coming from Sean Niland that arrived in Memphis at 6:48 am, then it was held in Memphis all day.....

.....Now granted the package was held up in Colorado because of a wind storm, but why can it not leave Memphis for a full day?? It arrived at 6:48am. Is there only one plane? I think not.

It really worries me since everything I get in my area comes via the Memphis hub.
I can shed a little light on why it sat there all day. I don't work for FedEx but do work for UPS' Next Day operations here in Louisville.

If the package didn't get there until 6:48 in the morning then it had already missed all of the outbound flights for the day. Yes, there would be another round of flights later in the afternoon but those would be servicing the 2 Day and 3 Day volume. Next day volume is seldom able to be sent with the 2 and 3 day volume. Often times if it were it would be delayed another day. It's actually quicker to be held in Memphis for the day, strange as that may seem.