FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Info BHB Reptiles
Thread: Info BHB Reptiles
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 01:13 AM   #42
~Just Curious~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle View Post
If i were an employee of BHB, I would most CERTAINLY tell my bosses " Hey, you guys know this animal we are about to ship out has a GLARINGLY LARGE kink in it right?" Why the heck didnt this happen?? I have a feeling, and maybe i am wrong, that someone working FOR them packaged and shipped this animal. ( I say it this way, because i do not personally know)
*devil's advocate* I don't know either of course, but if the employee was just told to "package and ship snake # ___" without ever being a part of the actual deal, then I can see them doing it without question because it's not so impossible. Some people will sell kinked snakes, usually just with full disclosure and a big discount. If the business part isn't their place, then maybe the employee assumed the "kinks" in the deal had already been worked out (har har)

I'm just assuming myself here... In either case you know what they say assuming does to you and me. ;p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinra View Post
As a small breeder if I sold a snake that had mites or similar problem and someone came on here and posted about it I don't doubt that I would have a hard time selling even though I would have made the same mistake as BHB. So why is it okay that they make mistakes like this? Does being a big breeder really make it okay to make mistakes like this?
I fully agree that they messed up and I don't think anyone is doubting that. It couldn't be clearer.

Just a possible idea on this scenario though, I see it to mean that the reason a thread like this might damage a small breeder more is because that would likely be the only thing out there on them. Less customers = less reviews = less info for potential buyers. I know it may be wrong, but offhand (without getting into specifics) if there were just two reviews on a person - a good and a bad, I would feel almost like dealing with them is 50/50. Like there's less security. =\ On the other hand if they have a bunch of good reviews and just a handful of bad ones, then it's easier to excuse it as an 'occasional mistake' because it's going to have to happen to everyone sometimes, but at least you know it's not that likely.
It doesn't have to be a big breeder either, it can happen with small breeders who have been in it for a while. But several huge companies with a ton of reviews have a higher percentage of negative posts and people aren't forgiving after the pattern becomes apparent. I personally think it has less to do with how "big" they are and more on how well they handle. Their history I suppose - just my long two cents on the concept. ^^;

I still feel that BHB made a bunch of mistakes here of course. Surprisingly big ones at that and I think it'll make everyone think twice about buying from them at the moment. (I know I certainly wouldn't right now) You got burned and that really does suck. I hope that your money is quickly refunded and that you don't develop a mite problem from this ordeal. =( I'm just... not as quick to write them off completely because I've seen them do good before and I'm hoping they can pick themselves back up. That's it.