FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - "Panacur"...questions Please Help!!
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 01:03 PM   #1
Stephen917
"Panacur"...questions Please Help!!

Hi everyone, just a few simple questions I have and am looking forward to getting all of your opinions... I just want to know if you think it's a good idea to automatically treat a newly received monitor(one which is more than likely a wild caught lizard) with panacur/safeguard to be on the safe side of things and make sure most parasites and stuff is wiped clean... I don't keep monitors, but know people who do and see more and more people mentioning this, just curious if its even necessary or are they only further putting the monitor in danger? According to one friend, the place he got a water monitor from(he's in California and the monitor was bought somewhere in ca also), for some reason told him it would be a good idea to do this on his new monitor. Huh?!? Aren't they supposed to do that for the most part?? What happened was his water monitor wasn't eating how he thought it should have been, so he called the store about a week later and they immediately told him he should do this and that it won't hurt if not needed. I forget the exact dosage that they mentioned but I know it sounded very stupid. Let me know what this craps all about, I wanted to get a savannah as my first monitor this spring, waters get too big and are not legal But if this is becoming the new "normal", ill just stick to my snakes!! Ps... I would get my savannah cbb, pay the extra money, I know better than what some others do like this kid who's now worried what's going to happen to his new animal....