FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - "Panacur"...questions Please Help!!
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 09:52 AM   #4
Stephen917
Thumbs up Thanks guys!

I thought most places did some form of treating in the beginning on their end, but I was not so sure, thanks for the fast reply! Michael, yes, for sure, when I first learned of his situation, I thought to myself, this guy is worried because his new pet monitor wont eat after like 2 days! Of course, husbandry came to mind first thing!! I am pretty sure he has since adjusted everything, he was keeping it on paper towels, you were absolutely dead-on when you mentioned newspaper, this is what people constantly do and then realize theres a problem, but are sometimes too dumb to even realize its their own fault and could be fixed! A pic I have seen on his facebook, it appears to be in a 40 gallon breeder sized tank, about a foot of coconut fiber, soil, something along those lines and by the look of the lighting, I would have to say the basking spots look as though theyd have to be in the low to mid hundreds. Hopefully his little one kicks things back into gear!! I said its probably not parasites but you need to check temperatures and substarte and the way the cage is set up. Not to mention, the whole country has been a little extra cold this January, so maybe the cooler temps were making him less hungry too, I dont know,lol. Im a snake guy, nice and easy... Thanks foryour responses though, it meant alot and I have sent the entire thread to his email anyway, whatever... As far as I know, he doesnt have a fauna account yet. thanks again. BTW, if spelling is all messed up, my apologies, I am at work and in a massive rush right now!!!!