FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Thomas "Rockabirdie Reptiles"
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2013, 05:48 PM   #25
Hoyo12
Lightbulb UPDATE 6/18/2013

First off, lets get over the topic of shipping. It has little to do with the situation, as I have had multiple experiences where an animal (aquatic and reptilian) has been shipped 2nd day USPS with good results. Just the communication of the type of shipping was the issue.

Thomas is trying his best to fix the situation, which I am very glad to see and hear. After sending me a picture of the new males, he had contacted me about sending the replacement male at a later date. Reason being, it had only been up until recently that he had seen the male eat and drink. The plan is to keep it at Thomas's location in order to help the Calote acclimate to captivity, before shipping him out yet again with little in his system and adding more stress to the lizard. I appreciated the honesty that he hadn't noticed any feeding or drinking until now, which is why I have more respect for him.
At this point, all that can be done is to wait - I don't have to spend any more cash for the lizard, and he is being taken care of before he even reaches my location (6/14/13 through 6/24/13). Of course the final test is what condition the lizard arrives in, but I do have a higher hope now than I ever did about this situation.
Crap happens, but as long as you are willing to fix the problem and make things better, I don't see why it should be as big of a deal.

Also, the female is starting to color up, and is doing very well in her new home.