FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Blue eye bearded dragons Marek's/herpies
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 05:59 PM   #77
GreathouseFarm
Quote:
Originally Posted by witblits View Post
Wow! That is cool. What is even cooler is the variation between them. Seems that there are indeed a pigmented iris in them. And that this iris is hypermelanistic! Not translucent. Thanks Kelli

Any pictures of abnormal trans eyes out there?

Any pictures of a dragon's eyes where it has a "red eye effect" guys?
I'm not an expert by any means but as far as what makes the translucent have a "black" eye - I have always attributed it to their lack of white pigment. Just like their skin lacks white pigment, I assumed the eye did as well. When you look at a (full) trans eye in the light/sun you can see it's actually dark brown.

On the other end you have hypos who seem to usually have whiter eyes. But when I look at a typical dragons eye (including all these pictures) I see a white background with varying degrees of vascular activity.

I won't go into all the rudeness going back and forth. Perhaps there is some loss of meaning in the language barrier. But when I first read Steven's original post I did not think he was trying to say he had all the answers or this is the diagnosis of all blue eyes. To me I got that he was saying look at all the possible explanations.. And the fact that none have yet to reproduce. The science behind it is fascinating but the bottom line remains the same. If you can't reproduce it than it just an anomaly.

And a silver/white eye is not a blue eye. I like to look at the Hypo Trans from All about the beardeds as I have had one the same. This is what a true blue eyed dragon should look like. Unfortunately all these specimens happen to be hypo trans and the eyes may always become dark/black.