FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Blocked glottis on snake -any advice urgently welcome
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2018, 09:54 PM   #107
Helenthereef
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
Could you mix very finely ground chicken or turkey with his beaten egg, so it's small enough to fit down the tube and it will be easier on his system? Or maybe some bone meal powder for calcium, since egg has very little?
He is regurgitating anything less liquid than egg. A while back I tried blending some chicken gizzards and hearts into a thin paste, and it all came straight back up. I'm even adding a little water to the egg, as he vomited up a thicker mix I made a couple of weeks ago. I forced a small piece of chicken wing into his throat, and massaged it down well. Next morning it was on the floor of the tank.

He seems to very actively refuse and get rid of anything with enough solidity for him to work on. And yet i know he can form stools, so it's not that his digestive system has totally collapsed.

I'm giving him a maximum of 50 ml of mixed egg/ baby vitamins and probiotics at a time (I just dropped the elderly Herpa-Boost Mutton bird paste from the mix) I'm wondering if part of it might be that I'm not getting the tube far enough down; my tube is about 50 cm long (1.5 feet) on a 1.8 m (6 foot) snake. He makes it very difficult for me to get the tube in any further, but do you think I might not be in the stomach yet?