FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Andrew Potts- I want my money back
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 10:32 AM   #29
ShadowAceD
Quote:
Originally Posted by hadenglock View Post
So wait, you didnt even refridgerate the body when you found it dead? Also is your friend who determined the time of death even qualified to make that accusation? Imo it sounds like your problem should be with fed ex and not andrew. Him wanting the body returned is pretty typical for breeders, not to mention it is physical evidence that the snake is dead.
If an animal is delivered on time and is DoA, it is the general responsibility of the seller, not the shipping company unless there is obvious signs of neglect by the shipping company. The guarantee of live arrival is just that, a guarantee of live arrival. If it arrives dead, for whatever reason, but is on time, the box is in tact and the packaging undisturbed, it is the seller's responsibility to do something for it.

Also, it appears you did not look at the photos. That snake is most certainly dead and displays deterioration that is difficult to obtain in so short a period of time without being subjected to extreme heat.

Wanting the body returned after seeing photos like that is absurd, in my honest opinion. If Andrew wanted the body, he should have paid for it to be packaged with dry ice or for the shipping in general. Mr. Pott's has been doing this for quite some time so I am a bit blown away by the entire situation as a whole.

Still, I would like to see original files of the photos to check the EXIF data as the way they are uploaded on the file storage site prohibits me from doing so.

Either way, Andrew clearly acknowledged there was an issue seeing as he wanted the animal's body, so his refusal for a refund is a bit odd. Of course, there could always be a part of the story missing.

Kevin, do you have photos of the animal before it was sent to you?