FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Lack of customer service from sellers
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2017, 11:36 PM   #37
Jynxx25
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
On a personal note - I see nothing wrong with wanting questions answered and more specific details provided. If the seller doesn't provide the info I want, I move on (assuming it wasn't already in the description or other replies and I missed it).

Sometimes I think my ads are too wordy but I'd rather provide as much information as possible.

I guess my question is your comment about the issues being specific to 'this site'. I have dealt with plenty of good and bad buyers/sellers on this site and other sites as well. I haven't noticed anything specifically bad about sellers only on this site as compared to others?
AA:
Yeah I do move on. There are some breeders that have rarities that I would like to purchase, but... well... just read my posts and you'll know my frustration.

My auctions on eBay are too wordy as well. But it is seller's protection as eBay really caters to the buyer.

I had began with this site in the buying/selling portion. I originally join this site as research as I wanted to get back into breeding Ball Pythons as I have not done so since the 90's. Seeing how now people are using sonograms and digital scales that were either unheard of back then or just not available for this hobby.

I did my initial research online and the information varies. So another research method is to ask those who had been successful.

I researched several areas including craigslist, Ball-Pythons.net, and several other brick-and-mortar specialty online stores. All sellers/breeders took time to answer questions, even this site. But this site I received more rudeness from sellers/breeders.

I will admit I am jaded as my first online purchase of a reptile was through this site. The snake died 8 days later.

Yes I should had gone through BOI, but the seller stated and re-stated he only guarantees a live arrival and only if someone signs for it. My wife took delivery, I came home for lunch to get the snake in the new terrarium, and everything was fine.

The snake did not eat for a few days, which I asked the seller when was the last time he fed it, in which he stated I already told you every 7-10 days. He stated he did not understand as the snake is a great eater.

The White Diamond and Purple Passion that I recently got ate on the second day.

Well, live and learn. I am out a few hundred there is nothing I can legally do as it states only guarantee a live arrival. This is one of the reason I ask and even call breeders now to share my story. Some say if that happens, let them know and they will take care of me. Hey they got a $450 sale from me and I will be buying from him again.