FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Morph Guide
Thread: Morph Guide
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2005, 04:06 PM   #6
diablohogs
your "favorite site" doesnt even acknowledge hypos to be anything but line bred. i emailed steve sykes about this and his claim that...

Quote:
Hypo tangerine and carrot tail are both line-bred traits.
on his morph page.

this is untrue. while before the discovery of the Ray Hines Hypo Carrot Tail all hypos were linebred, RHHCTs have been around since 2000 (i believe thats when they hit).

he believes the "giants" and Mack snows (he calls them genetic snows) to be codominant (and actually both those traits should be INCOMPLETE DOMINANT. a non-super codominant giant gene would look like elephantitis and a non-super codominant mack snow would have SECTIONS of yellow or red pigment not just an overall more yellow hue). however even the producers of these morphs call them codominant so thats understandable.

but the part that puzzles me is why he would recognize giants to be codominant, which ron tremper just admitted within the last year (remember giants used be a simple recessive trait according to ron tremper?), and claim hypos are not. he even has pictures of super hypo carrot tails on his site.