FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - 10 clutches With Only ONE Breeding...Why Won't She Stop??!!
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 02:10 PM   #1
Lizardman87
10 clutches With Only ONE Breeding...Why Won't She Stop??!!

Alright so this is beginning to trip me out. My male mated to my female only once and that is guaranteed. This happened back in February. He has never been with her any other time. She laid her first clutch March 2nd. Now here we are in October and she just got done laying her 10th clutch on the 3rd or 4th of this month. I was sort of freaking out at first when she laid more than 3 with this being my first time and all, but now I am really freaking out because once again she is now up to her 10th. I have spent endless hours doing research and I have never heard of more than 9 clutches from a successful mating and now she has surpassed that. The eggs are no longer coming out fertile, those stopped by like the 7th clutch. But she still keeps laying. I keep power feeding her just as you are supposed to, but next thing you know a month later she is digging again and has to lay. Is something wrong with her? Is she going to die because of this? Although I am feeding her well, she slowly keeps losing a little more weight each time, and it is really worrying me. I am a good parent I swear I take great care of my animals well, and I am absolutely positive that my male only hooked up with her once. I am not the kind of guy that overbreeds or anything I just do not know what is going on with my female and would greatly appreciate any help or knowledge that anyone might be willing to share. Thanks for taking the time to read my post. Hope to hear from you guys.