FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Dishonest guy Jon Boone (User name Geitje)
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2013, 01:30 PM   #35
Tankster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geitje View Post
First of all, just a short explanation of my tardiness for reply on this thread – my wife of 21 years and I have been going thru a lengthy divorce for the past 15 months (since August of 2012...) – and almost unbelievably – we’re getting back together and helping her move back in this coming weekend, planning, legal matters, financial matters, etc. So, I’ve been absorbed with spending a lot of time outside of my house lately. Next, I sold Wai a pair of P. rugosus at a discounted rate from what they were originally offered. Next, I sold young animals that I thought were a pair for $1050/shipped (not more than $1K/pair considering shipping). I routinely sold unsexed juveniles during that time for $400-500ea., although not necessarily important to this deal, but the price to Wai was more than fair at that time. Eventually, Wai informed me that the 2 animals he got from me were 2 males. Taking his word that the 2 animals were indeed the 2 animals I sent, I eventually agreed.

Next, I’m assuming that most people who buy juvenile pairs of a given species have done so for the primary reason of breeding them. These juvenile animals are at around 1 year away from breeding size when I shipped them, meaning that next July/August (during the beginning of the austral summer 2014) would be the target time for Wai’s 1st chance to breed them. In the offhand chance that he just wants a couple of P. rugosus to stare at, then I’m not sure if the importance of sex ratio matters – other than I sold them as a pair. So, my position has been to provide Wai with a pair of P. rugosus and find him a suitably sized (and 100%) female. Last week I arranged for a few juveniles to come back from the Hamm show this past weekend, and I have another friend in the US from whom I’m picking up a group of rugosus. From these animals, it was my intention to send Wai a female from this group of about 9 young animals. At the moment, my breeding pairs are just starting to produce (during the austral summer, which I accommodate) so I knew that would not give Wai a fair chance of having a breedable pair for the 2014 summer season – hence my efforts of rounding up an outside group of rugosus to help Wai from.

Shipping – I ship 52 weeks of the year, not only in the USA, but to Europe, Canada, Japan, Taiwan, etc. 48 hour heat packs, proper shipping practices, and experience allow for this. I’ve shipped reptiles for 32 years, on average 170 shipments/year. I also worked for UPS for 20 years. So, I do not see shipping as a problem – regardless of where you live.

Refund – upon receiving back the 2 animals, refunding is an option.

Otherwise, my intention was to send Wai a female as soon as I get one that is essentially the same size (or larger) than the animals that I sent to him, and allow him to keep the extra male – or simply sell it for the inconvenience (yes, there are people who also need males – in USA, Europe and the Orient). Again, the earliest he could breed these would be summer 2014, and it was my intention to provide him with a female that would accommodate that at some point over the wintertime. My reasoning for my thoughts on the offer above are simply based in what I would expect to receive myself – since I’ve been in Wai’s position countless times over the years – and that is sometimes needing to wait for mistakes to be corrected and thereby having a pair that is breeding sized when the expected season should begin.

Hi Jon, let's cut to the chase, since you said that refunding is an option, how soon you can refund the money if I give you my Paypal account information.

Thanks.
Wai

Thanks.
Wai