FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - 3 month old bloating
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 10:48 PM   #5
Dyscophus antongilii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kealo View Post
I’ve had him for 2 months
Has he grown in that time period? Are you sure it is a male? Do you routinely weigh him on a gram scale? If so, are you keeping track of his/her weight?

Quote:
since I bought bigger roaches he hasn’t eaten many
I would recommend going back to the smaller prey items. Try to keep the prey items, no larger then the space between your specimens eyes.

Quote:
maybe like 3-4 weeks
That you have had your Pogona vitticeps or changed the prey item size?

Quote:
between 82-89 daytime
That is not too bad. You do ideally, want a basking spot/site of around 100 degrees. That helps aide in proper digestion.

Quote:
2and 90-95 night his set up is just a rock
I am NOT a proponent of using hot rocks. Do you mean the hot rock is set to the low to mid nineties? Or, the ambient air temperature, in the enclosure is that high? If you mean the ambient air temperature that is way too high. The mid to high sixes would be a good ambient air temperatures.

Quote:
he can go under a branch
Just make sure he isn't injured when he does that. What type of substrate do you have in the enclosure?

Quote:
and 2 water bowls
Can I ask why? They are a desert species. So, they get the water they need from the insects and greens they eat. Plus, do not need high humidity.

Quote:
with a green carpet
That is substrate I am NOT really a big fan of. I would rather use paper towels, brown paper bags, and such.

Quote:
and I feed him Dubai Roaches and collard greens
As previously stated, I would recommend a smaller size Dubai. Or, I would go for quarter to half inch crickets.

Quote:
recently I changed the bulb to a higher watt daytime is 90-95
What is the cool side of the tank? Hopefully, the whole tank is not kept that warm. Remember, reptiles and amphibians adjust body temperature via thermoregulation.

Quote:
and night time remains the same
Again, I would recommend a lower night time temperature.

Quote:
also I took him to the vet he said he has coccidia
I am sorry your specimen is sick. However, I think it is fantastic, you took him/her to a veterinarian. Is this a veterinarian that specializes in reptiles/exotics?

Quote:
so I have him the 2 treatments
What medication did the veterinarian prescribe? How long are you supposed to give the medication? How often, in a twenty four hour period, do you need to give the medication?

Quote:
and he has been more Sleepy and not eating as much
Since, the medication or the increased size in the prey items you have been offering him/her?

Quote:
he just likes to lay on my chest and go to sleep
How long and how often are you doing that? Can I ask why?

Quote:
and gets mad when I put him back in his tank
How can you tell? I.E. what behaviors does he/she exhibit that make you feel that way?