FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Florida state law issues
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2003, 09:45 AM   #91
KNOBTAIL
I am surprised that it took Wes that long to

respond, usually he quicker in putting his two cents in when ever I seem to post. But thats about the worth of his statements. Two cents.
What we are dealing here with is a permit violation, not a crime. More than likely it may even fall under an administrative code, certainly not the criminal code. Secondly, the fact that FW cited 3 individuals does not mean they are guilty. That is up to a judge. Its very conceivable that these citations could be thrown out of court as well. We will have to wait and see.
With regard to Wes indicating that it is your responsibility to follow these laws, it is not as simple as Wes implies. As a matter of fact some of these laws can be interpeted many different ways. We do not know until the matter comes before a magistrate whether FW even had the legal right to approach a vendor with the intention of entrapping him the way it was done.
Also, I am not my brothers keeper as mater of fact I was one of the vendors who did not have any reptiles to sell at that show, but I am concerned because I want to insure that people like yourself can enjoy the fruits of this field without fear that one day, you may have a problem yourself and at least you will know that these industry wide difficulties can only be dealt with when we work as group .

Finallly, Wes, if these regulations seem simple to you, and your answer is to just follow the rules and everything will be honky dorie, than your in for a big surprise. In many instances you can easily do the right thing and still be wrong. To a certain extant it even borders on " powers abused " . JERRY