FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Florida state law issues
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2003, 11:06 AM   #95
bpc
OK, has anyone actually seen the ticket for the scarlet king senario? I personally saw the tickets for the hedgehogs and the out-of-state seller. But I saw/heard nothing about this scarlet king deal. Has anyone ACTUALLY SEEN IT, or can someone get the person involved to come on and post.

If they really did write for failure to check for a license, I seriously doubt it will hold up in court. Think about it, if they can really write tickets for that, they could just sit in any pet store and write tickets all day to every person that comes in and buys an animal and doesn't ask to see the store's permit. They could stand at any booth at the NRBE and write a ticket for everyone who buys something w/o asking.

Ray, your 3 animal thing is incorrect. We had Lt. Rick Brown at our herp meeting last week, and we spent several minutes questioning him on this issue. If you sell/trade/barter even one listed animal (any reptile) you must have a permit. Even if the animal is your pet and you are selling it to someone else so they can have a pet. You can give it away, but if you gain ANYTHING from the movement of the animal you need one.