FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Pennsylvania state law issues
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012, 11:56 AM   #48
Heart and Soul Reptiles
Everyone makes wonderful points. And to say we haven't had people who were afraid, or upset by them, would be ridiculous. We do occasionally get people who don't want to come near them, but in no way do we force them to be near them. Having talked to our local police chief years ago his words were this, and I thank him for being so unprejudiced to our animals, "If we were to ask you to take your animals home, or write you up for disturbing the peace in some way, what is to stop you from protesting every person who walks their dog down the street." He has stood by us tremendously, often bringing this up should someone mention something. We have a general area we stick to when walking with them, and West Chester is not an enormous town in itself. The first year we took them with us for a stroll through town was the summer of 2005, and I don't think we have missed a summer since.
I feel like I'm moving this thread off topic though from the original points I was trying to make about getting a petition signed and getting in contact with your local government as well as state to prevent this bill from being passed, so I invite anyone to continue the conversation on reptiles in public either in a new thread in the general discussion form or via PM!