FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Adult boa extremely defensive
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2016, 07:56 PM   #40
Big Borg Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
Have you asked him to come back and show you the process he used for cleaning, changing water, etc? Are these animals on aspen so he only spot cleaned?

Even if he didn't handle her much, I would think he would have had to pick her up and move her at some point, if only to remove her from her tub so it could be deep cleaned and sanitized periodically.

Heck, maybe he threw a towel over her head...
Part of the deal was that he didn't ever have to worry about the collection again so I'm on my own. It's not that he didn't care about them, he just couldn't handle the stress of trying to do his everyday tasks/work and still have so much work to do with the snakes. If he didn't go through and spot clean them every day he felt like he was neglecting them and it was too much pressure for him. That's how I ended up with them in the first place, so it's not an option to be bothering him in regards to how he did tasks.

When I got them they were all on aspen but I dumped and put fresh aspen in all of them (not because they were filthy, I just wanted a fresh start), so maybe even the process of having the whole room torn apart freaked her out. She was in her tub the whole time except when I cleaned hers, but I'm sure they can sense when a bunch of stuff is going on outside.

I'm also starting to think that maybe the tub she's in is too big but I have no idea. When she stretches out it doesn't look too big at all, but when she's coiled up the space makes her look tiny. I'll post pics as soon as possible, keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow.