FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Snake by way of dog
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2018, 04:48 AM   #1
nickolasanastasiou
Snake by way of dog

One of my dogs brought me this on Saturday night. Unharmed. My dogs are raised with all sorts of animals and they have proven themselves many times over as being especially gentle. My Vallhund brought his find to me in his mouth while I was inspecting the grounds. It was cold, so the corn (I assume a corn, as I do not work with Colubrids) was sluggish. I took a little time to introduce my other dogs to it so they would be at ease if finding another (we use "nice" and "baby" to signal them to be gentle with new animals). I held it and let it crawl on me for a couple of hours and then placed it in a heated hide for one of my tortoise project pens so it would have some warmth and could leave when it felt up to doing so (no tortoises were in there; they could easily harm the snake and a species I have in another pen has learned to catch and eat snakes).

Very pretty animal to me. This is fourth one I have seen here and I found the previous three on my own (on the front porch, climbing an elevated wire, and climbing a tortoise pen barrier). I am tempted to keep them, but I always let them go. They have lives to live and jobs to do.
Attached Images