FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Carnivorous Plants
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 09:43 AM   #29
Gordon c. Snelling
The Id on your plant makes sense, That species in general is one of my favorite of the genus although I have never had that particular clone. Considering where you live your technique should work well. Mosquitoes are a very real issue with water trays but I solved the problem by just letting my trays go dry every other day or so. As long as the soil remained wet the drying trays caused no problem. I finally did have to go with an RO unit to keep up with my water needs though.
The only Cps that die after setting seed are a few of the annual Drosera and Genlisea, as mentioned before generally if the plant is in good health they will do fine. Left to their own devices though you may not get seed anyway due to the need for cross pollination or the design of the flowers which prevent selfing, Sarracenia for example will not self with out help. The Drosera on the other hand will potentially go crazy.
The California bog mentioned earlier was the Albion bog owned by the Nature Conservancy. It had quite a population of non native species which have in theory now all been removed.