FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Brandon Griffey
Thread: Bad Guy Brandon Griffey
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 08:34 PM   #100
Mike41793
Wow took me awhile to get through this whole thread!
My thought process on the whole thing is this:
Im almost positive ulcers dont develop in just 9 days. Ulcers are caused by bacteria and can slowly develop in the lining of the stomach for years. So with that said i would say the ulcers were a pre-existing condition that had developed in xaviers care. The problem is even though they were developing in the snake there was no way for him to know that. The snake wasnt stressed so the ulcers didnt all the sudden get realy bad. When brandon/tom received the snake and put it to the females right away i think the stress of the shipping, combined with the stress of the females, caused the snake a ton of immediate stress and caused the ulcers to flare up. This is why the snake didnt eat for brandon/tom. Once the ulcers flared up it allowed the salmonella in the snakes stomach to get into the tisssue and like the vet said i beliee, that is what killed it.
With all that said i think both parties are equally NOT at fault. Yes xavier had a sick snake, but he didnt know it. Yes tom didnt QT but even if he had the snake may have eventually died bc of the ulcers anyways. If it were me personally, i would return 1 of brandon/toms snakes. I would feel bad the snake died due to unknown, pre-existing conditions. I would pick which one i liked better lol, and then offer to send them the other one back. Xavier, technically, does not have to though imo.