FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Can people really change?
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2006, 11:24 AM   #23
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonflyreptiles
I am not the person I was ever not even yesterday, everything about me and around me changes me every single day of my life.
Sounds kinda like pschitsofrenia. J/K

Seriously, people can change. Many examples are all over the place. You mention prison.......Judge Joe Brown. He became a judge after doing time.
I Myself, would not be here today if I hadn't changed My ways. Either by overdose, or by some violant means, if i had not changed, I would have long since been gone. Simple fact.

But i also think that it does require a certain amount of testicular fortitude to make these changes. Sometimes the sacrifice you must make to acquire the change, is so severe that people will not make it. I had to give up family, friends and all I knew in order to make changes in my life. Try giving up family for 10 years. No communication, visits, xmas's.........NADA! It's not an easy thing to do.

It also has to be a desire within one self, or it just will not happen. I garuntee people will not change because someone else tells them they have to. They need to see the problem themselves and make a determination from within. Simple as that. No amount of "Help" will do if the person does not beleive they have a problem.

Rick