FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Ebay
Thread: Ebay
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2017, 12:01 AM   #7
Drudog21
I recently purchased an aquarium on Letgo with a bunch of extra aquarium pumps, etc. I only wanted the aquarium for Leos and was able to net a profit selling all the equipment on eBay. I never ship outside the US and I selected that again when I sold everything. However, someone from St. Petersburg, Russia was able to bid on one of the pumps. Its a 120V pump. I'm pretty sure they have 240V in Russia. She sent a message saying there was no shipping option to Russia. I replied, "I know, I don't want to ship it outside the US!" Why did you even bid on it! It won't even work. So I checked out the USPS International shipping options and it's actually not that hard. So I sent her a quote and she refused the pay the shipping costs ($21) vice the price of the pump ($0.99). Duh!! So I had to cancel the order to make sure eBay didn't charge me for selling the item when I really didn't. I was still able to turn a nice profit using Letgo and eBay, but I figured I would share my recent fun with ecommerce!