FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Evan Stahl - Sent Me Sick Pine Snakes
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2017, 07:07 AM   #63
JimM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac101 View Post
When everything was done, I spent over $700 for the necropsy. I only had it done because I had several high-end chondros in my collection, and I was worried about something contagious. The results were indeterminate.

People have suggested that the OP should've had a necropsy done. That kind of expense just isn't feasible for most people. Who can afford to spend hundreds, to only be reimbursed for a fraction of that cost?
I agree .... the last necropsy I had done was a surprised death of a high end rattlesnake and did it because I had others and was worried about something spreading through the collection. I think I spent close to $700 also and that was at least 12 years ago qnd resuklts were inconclusive. And this was done by a great herp vet , not someone who didn't know exoctics.

Spending $700. on a baby pinesnake would be ridiculous when you can replace it for about $100.00 . You aren't talking abouty the family dog where you'll do everything possible for it.

The OP messed up hesitating on using the flagyl and feeding too soon after the reguritation.