FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - PayPal automated subscriptions
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2015, 08:50 PM   #12
Charis
Somehow I missed the first several posts on this thread ... For notifications, I've gotten an email about 5 days beforehand from this site, letting me know my contributor subscription is expiring both times, in fact I had to renew just a few days ago and got a notice email about it.
I'd guess that anyone not getting one, it's either being blocked by their spam filters, they have certain email notifications blocked from this site or they are just plain getting lost in cyberspace, as I've had a few emails fall into a black hole before.
For fixing the first two, check your spam folder, see if emails from this site are in it and if so, generally your email service has a way to mark mail from that sender as not spam going forward.
For the other possibility, you should check your settings on this site. Click on User CP and on the left hand menu of your User CP dashboard, under Settings and Options, is a button for Edit Options, click that. It will give you all kinds of options for when and how this site or the members on it can contact you or not, the one you want to be sure is enabled is the very first one, under Messaging and Notification, receive email, in the center of the screen. You want to make sure that you've enabled the option to receive email from Administrators.
Not much that can be done about the third issue, except sometimes getting a new email service provider.

As to canceling the auto renew, I'm actually pretty happy about that, as I can never remember if I chose that option or not and then worry about it the next few days after I get notified it's expiring, and it's a bit hard to figure that out on Paypal's website. So I end up waiting until it's expired and does not renew for awhile before doing it manually, just so I don't pay twice, now it's not an option, I don't have to worry about it.