FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Info Ashley Caspillo-SakaraGT4/Sakara *Possible Buyer Beware!*
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2010, 12:59 PM   #68
Adrya
Quote:
Originally Posted by SakaraGT4 View Post
Well... if your dates are right on the boa dying and having inclusions found... She DID add to her collection AFTER that animal died... Specifically, the jampea retic...

http://www.redtailboa.net/forums/gia...pea-retic.html

Just sayin'...

Oh OH, so you're trying to do a little research yourself and try to make yourself look better, huh?

YOU are in NO position to call ME OUT!!!

Sahira and Goliath were put together in the fall of 2008 (late Oct.) for breeding. At that time they were healthy. When Goliath had done his job and appeared uninterested anymore, I took him out. Then weeks later, Sahira died. I had her submitted for a necropsy and in the meantime I kept an eye on Goliath. A couple weeks later Goliath had an RI that he had gotten from Sahira and so when I took him in to be examined, Sahira's lab test results were back.

All the vet told me was that she indeed died from pneumonia, as were indicated in the test results. He NEVER said ANYTHING about IBD in the test results. All I knew at the time was that I must have made a mistake somewhere and that it was my fault. I thought maybe the dust in the aspen bedding caused it. YOU have NO IDEA how badly I blamed myself for death, yet it didn't make sense to me how she got sick in the first place since her husbandry was correct for the entire time I had been keeping her. She was my FAVORITE. I don't know if the vet overlooked the IBD in the results or was being stupid and keeping it from me, or what. He had asked me how many more snakes I had, though I had wondered why he asked. I NEVER saw the test results. I had requested they send me a copy of the test results but they never did. So since everyone else seemed to be doing fine in my collection and had been for years (except Goliath) I just figured that it was indeed a freak case of pneumonia.

So I went about bleaching Sahira's old enclosure and left it empty. Later I had acquired the Jamp (which was a product of BW Smith and Chad Ramsey's jamps) and a boa from a long-time member on RTB who had the boa for years. BOTH of whom I trusted completely.

The Jamp and the boa were in quarantine for a couple of months. Not my standard 6 months as usual, but since they came from sources that I trusted, and since both snakes were fine, I risked putting them into my collection. That was the ONE TIME I ever let any snakes out of quarantine sooner than 6+ months.

Goliath responded to his baytril treatment, but since I was skeptical of the vet anyway, I didn't follow up with a second appointment for him to see how he was progressing. Come the end of June, Goliath's RI appeared again, and so I was given another vial of baytril and this time I followed the vet's protocols. Goliath responded to treatment and was cured of his RI. When I had gone to pick up the second vial I requested again a copy of Sahira's necropsy results for my own records.

Come the middle of July is when I finally got the necropsy results, but I didn't look at them until late one night. THAT is when I found out that Sahira had IBD. I WAS DEVASTATED.

The point is that I did NOT move ANY snakes out since Sahira's death or before her death for at least a year.

YOU however, tried to keep things under radar so that you could still keep selling snakes and moving them OUT, endangering other people's collections.

I don't know about you, but I CHERISH, LOVE, and CARE for my animals. I WOULD DIE for THEM. I would KILL to PROTECT them.

But YOU... YOU on the other hand, seem like you just care about the MONEY... Grabbing up snakes so fast that you can't possibly quarantine them properly. You obviously don't seem to give a rat's ass about other people AND their animals if you were still selling snakes knowing that they had been exposed to IBD.

YOU have NO place to talk!