FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Are you a LURKER?
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2009, 01:28 AM   #72
Uroboros
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanAng420 View Post
Well, I have to be honest here.
I am very much a lurker, and I usually use this website for information that has previously been posted and to browse the classified section. There have been a few times i've considered cancelling my membership here... From the responses i've received and seen from others, it seems to me as if there is a select group of "popular" members who can say anything they want, however they want, whenever they want, to whoever they want...I don't feel comfortable posting my opinions or answering questions I know the answer to because a.) I don't want to be verbally assaulted and b.) even if I did post, my response would be worth a big, stinky pile of dung because i'm not one of those "popular" members. So normally I just stay quiet. Except for right now I guess; and I can imagine I will regret even posting this.
hehe. Sometimes, the group does seem to be a little put-offing. You have to elbow your way around sometimes.

If everyone agreed with me, I'd get bored and move somewhere else.

a) If you're posting on the BOI, post what you know and can show is the truth. If people bad mouth you, show that they are badmouthing the truth.

b) How are you going to be one of the popular people by being quiet? IMO, no opinion is worth a big stinky pile of dung. There are plenty of opinions I wouldn't trade a pile of dung for. If you know what you're doing is right, or that it is working for you, it's worth way more than that. There is NOT one way to care for any one species of animal. Ask 9 successful people and you'll get at least 5 different answers.

Be loud, be proud! Do what you can, and to the best you can at it. Many of these people that get beat up are people that buy a burm without knowing that it will get 14' or that are trying to sell it for the same reason (just an example, there are a million other ways to be irresponsible).