FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Golden Child adult size
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013, 10:09 PM   #6
reticguy76
Dwarf is such a variable word and description. If I am not mistaken, the first gc was thought to be from selayer but was also sick and "beat up" some and was a male. I think it was thought that it could be stunted growth as well.
The true sd people will argue that the kayuadi is not pure. As said, dwarf is such a relative and variable term used in retics. I mean bob's original lav albino male was only like 8 or 9 feet and isnt much bigger years later. Is it a dwarf or just a horribly stunted animal that had a really hard time acclimating to captive life. I dont believe his original supersun male is much bigger as well. I had a wc calico female that was about 7 feet. I had her for a couple years and she fed on xxxxl rats and xxxl guinea pigs every 5-7 days, and when I let her go (actually traded her because she was a huge biatch), she was barely under 8 feet. I think there is a distinct difference between sd's and all other, but I think there is very little or very subtle differences from "dwarf" and "mainlands"