FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - The BOI will be coming to an end on 02-02-2020
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2019, 12:35 PM   #154
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Just a note to let people know that I have created a temporary pass membership (BOI Participant) that allows a user to access the BOI for 7 days (1 week) for $5 during these last months that the Board of Inquiry will be remaining on this site. My thoughts on this are that there may be members who would like to access the BOI, but did not have an active paid membership prior to 02-02-2019, and not find it worthwhile to pay a regular membership for just the remaining time it will still be here. So I think it fair to give them an option that might better suit their needs in the limited time the BOI will still be available.
After due reflection, I decided this was a waste of time and effort. The BOI (in all it's forms here) will be gone on 02-02-2020. So no sense overly complicating things. I've seen all I need to see. I had hoped perhaps the restricted access would be a signal flare that would mean something to some people not aware of the future plans for the ending of the BOI, but apparently, this will be a an insignificant event for the overwhelming majority of registered members here. Oh well, can't say I didn't at least try.

Accordingly, I have just reopened the BOI forums as they used to be to all members, since it really doesn't matter anyway now. This decision is now set in stone.

Honestly, had I not made a commitment to keep the BOI open for paying members as of 02-02-2019, I would shut the Board of Inquiry down right now and be done with it. But it is what it is.

Sorry about the apparent waffling trying to figure out the best way to handle this.