FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Addendum to rules - posting links to ads
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2003, 12:17 AM   #36
Seamus Haley
Quote:
How do I get a screen image?
I know you already downloaded a utility to make it easier but for those who may not want to do so...

The Print Screen key copies an image of your entire screen to your clipboard, pasting this in "Paint" allows you to then save the image in a few formats.

Pressint ALT + Print Screen captures a similar image of just the active window, if you don't want people looking at your start menu, task bar or desktop (for whatever reason) it also makes images a bit smaller.

I have no idea how to do this on a Mac, if it's even possible.

The problem with screen captures though is that they can be edited, just like copied and pasted text. It takes a bit more time and attention to detail to make it seamless, but it can be done with even a minimum of computer know-how (which is exactly how much I have).

This is why I kinda disagree with the new rule... I understand the reasons behind it but I think it leaves too much potential for messing around with the reputation of another person or for bad guys to hide behind lies and excuses. Many issues on the board come down to a matter of credibility... There are some people who are known to be honest and have integrity and there are others who are known to be the opposite... and then hundreds of users or potential users who's trustworthiness is virtually unknown.

If Unknown A says that Unknown B ripped him off, and showing a classifieds ad from another website could verify this and he's not allowed to post a link... There are screenshots or copied text but Unknown B claims they were falsified... There's no real way to determine the truth. If Unknown A says that Unknown B ripped him off and is allowed to provide a link IN ADDITION to the text/screenshot and it's seen by trustworthy individuals, then Unknown B loses the ability to create doubt, even if the ad ends up deleted/edited later on.

Make any sense?