FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Addendum to rules - posting links to ads
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2003, 02:40 AM   #38
WebSlave
And just how many times has someone posted a transcript of email messages on this board? Just how hard would it be to edit straight text? And although some email accounts have been questioned, most people feel this is perfectly acceptable to show a history of the conversation that took place. Matter of fact, many people will even ASK for this transcript.

I defy anyone to show me any kind of proof that could be shown here (or in a courtroom for that matter) than absolutely cannot be falsified. Even eyewitnesses have been proven to be wrong about what they think they saw.

I honestly believe that it is FAR easier for someone to alter their ad on a remote source than it is for someone to alter a screen image before placing it here. And from what I have seen better than 90 percent of the likely bad guys in an issue wouldn't even have a clue how to do that sort of thing anyway. And once it is posted here AS AN ATTACHMENT, it CANNOT be altered by anyone but me, and I am certainly not about to do something like that for anyone.

And let me state this yet one time again. NO ONE IS REQUIRED TO PROVE ANYTHING HERE. It may help your story, and it may give you the peace of mind of having all your ducks in a row, but it is NOT required when making a post. Facts are what you truthfully believe, even if they may be actually untrue. To give you an example, most people believe that there really is a continent called Australia. But how many people have actually set foot on it and PROVEN to themselves that it actually exists?

Facts not proven (or whatever substitutes for proof in the mind of a reader) are subject to belief or disbelief by the people reading what you have stated. NO MESSAGES POSTED ON THE BOI WILL BE DELETED SOLELY BECAUSE THEY WERE NOT PROVEN BY THE POSTER. Because to do so would put me in the position of being a judge and weighing the worthiness of a post based on proof or lack thereof. From the beginning, I have plainly stated that I will not take this position.

This is a BOARD OF INQUIRY, where anyone can discuss an issue, and it is up to the readers to determine what they make of it.