FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - My First Beardie
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2007, 10:41 PM   #58
harmonysmom
Yeah we have hawks but I keep a very good eye out on the sky, plus I don't leave his side if I can help it. When I do have to leave his side, I make sure the kids stay by him. So he's never alone.

He's shed twice now since I've had him....his orange/red colors are starting to go away... Is there anything I can feed him that might bring those back out? I know that most do lose their colors and markings as they get older, but I'd love to keep that orange/red stripes on his head.

I will pick him up some bell peppers next time I go to the store then. I hope that it helps him. Might try some other squash type food. Whatever he doesn't eat before it goes bad, I'll feed to his crickets...haha

I can't believe he was able to see a bug from that far away. I'm not kidding when I said we were all the way across the other side of the yard when he took off after it! Very impressed with his actions!

His head shape has changed a bit, he's starting to grow more under the neck, that was how I was able to tell he was gaining weight before I picked him up or weighed him. I'll measure him tomorrow for sure since I'll have time to do so and will post that when I'm done.