FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Changes to the infraction system as a result of the BOI going away
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2020, 01:34 PM   #1
WebSlave
Changes to the infraction system as a result of the BOI going away

In case some people do not realize that the Board of Inquiry being removed from this site means that those types of postings are not going to be allowed anywhere on this site, please listen up. BOI STYLE POSTINGS ARE NO LONGER ALLOWED ANYWHERE ON THIS SITE. PERIOD. That means no such responses in the classifieds sections in replies to someone's ads. Any and all registered members are able to post classified ads on this site. There is NO vetting of them for authenticity before or during their membership here. It is completely up to you to do due diligence prior to your dealing with them. Your failure to do so does not then make your problem my problem.

Accordingly, I made a change to the infraction system based on my observing some people refusing to comply to requests to cease when issued infractions for posting BOI style posts. The points for this infraction have been changed as such:
  • BOI style posts are no longer permitted on this site. First strike. 2 points
  • BOI style posts are no longer permitted on this site. Second strike. 4 points
  • BOI style posts are no longer permitted on this site. Third strike. 6 points

Which means a third strike triggers an automatic 3 day ban. I am presuming that this is not an accident at this point.

Points stay active for 1 year. So continued violations will result in longer bans, as appropriate.

Sorry to have to do this, but the reasons for the BOI going away also apply to any such postings made elsewhere on this website.

And as an aside, please don't email me your problems with other persons. I cannot do anything for you. And I have no interest in taking your problems on my shoulders. I will not take your word over anyone else's in disputes. So no, I am not going to ban someone just on your say so. I am sorry that things have become a bit more difficult for people to research someone they are considering doing business with, but it is STILL up to YOU to do so. Caveat emptor is the rule here, as it should be in all transactions you consider with anyone.