FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Changes to the infraction system as a result of the BOI going away
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2020, 07:06 PM   #7
Socratic Monologue
Thanks, Rich. That helps, if only to let us know that we need to err on the side of caution, and be nice to the mods. I'm good with that.

So, even though a suggestion I was considering isn't exactly what you said here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post

So what do you do about alleged "bad guys" selling on the site? Well, honestly, nothing beyond choosing not to deal with them yourself. I suppose you could private message someone who appears to be considering such transactions, as that would be a PRIVATE conversation between you and someone else. But push come to shove, anyone considering such transactions have to do their own due diligence, by whatever means they see fit, outside of publicly displayed activities that will violate the rules here.
...it might be worth a mention. On another forum I frequent (one dealing with dart frogs) the seller-background-questions go like this: someone posts "Hey, has anyone bought anything from "John's Awesome Frogs, LLC"? How did it go?", and a mod quickly posts "PM the OP" and locks the thread. Clunky, but it works (though it is rarely used). Having those threads in an automatically-locking forum would be ideal, I think. No badmouthing on the public forums, but some people might get some info that will save them a lot of grief.

I assume you don't want anything to do with anything BOI related, but if you thought something like this might take the pressure off the mods having to ban people regularly, or might reduce the yammering over the loss of the BOI, it might be worth considering. Just a humble suggestion, and you can ignore it and not hurt my feelings.