FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Making a new site...Questions
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2007, 06:15 PM   #5
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic
Two things...

1) Frontpage isn't even a half way decent software choice for programming web sites. It will not be W3C web compliant nor will it be cross browser compatible. The code you posted that it made makes me shudder.

2) Javascript (your drop down menus) is very touchy. Their are other solutions you can use for what you're looking for. The code that Frontpage made for the Javascript menus doesn't even look right.
Do you have a cost efficient alternative? To be honest, I can't justify spending the money for Dreamweaver, or something similar, just to make one site, and a few photo slides. I do have CS2, and PhotoImpact Pro, which have some compatible features with FP 2003. I have no desire to do this sort of stuff for a living, and feel sorry for people that do. Must be a head ache at times.

I've actually been messing around with it, and managed to clear out all the text boxes underneath, but still haven't gotten the drop downs to work properly. But I'm tenacious, so figure it out I will.

Should I have mentioned that this requires 3 files? A menu.js, menu.css, and menu.htm in order for it to work properly? But it still don't. Must be an easier way. Feel free to point me in the right direction. I am open to ideas. My last site was pretty cut and dry, and I used no jscript, except to block copying. So it worked more than great for a first try ever, not knowing any of this stuff. So I decided to try something a bit more complicated this time for the learning curve... I think easier could be better right about now.

Rick