FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Italian Wall Lizard care?
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 09:15 PM   #13
Ameivaboy
Quote:
Do yours breed all yr long ?
They will breed when they come out of brumation.
Females can lay multiple clutches per season (most I've had is 3)

Quote:
Also Catching the lizards if you'd need to separate them for any reason (health, being gravid, territorial disputes etc) They are very fast even at cooler temperatures"
Quote:
Yes thats true. I hoped that with plenty of room esp high area like shrubs in pots for them to climb the above would not be an issue?
Creating visual barriers in the cage so the animals dont have to be in constant sight of each other and having many hiding spots should help minimize fighting. You'll still have a hell of a time catching one if need be.

Quote:
do you find these guys get used to people or are they always shy?
The more they see you and you're not always after them the more accustomed and less shy they will be. They can be pretty bold at times. They will take food from tongs etc if they are accustomed to you but I would never underestimate them nor consider them "tame"

Quote:
when i found out the ones on the island were commons and not italians i was a bit disapointed as the italians seen to have much more color, is there a special reason you whant some muralis? do they have behaviors or anything that differ from the italians?
There's no special reason behind me wanting them besides the fact I want to learn more about them. They also can have quite awesome patterns (google images)

I have never kept nor even seen a muralis in person. I'd imagine the behavior would be quite similar to Sicula. I have heard (don't remember where) That muralis is not as hardy as Sicula, but the only way I could verify that is getting a hold of some and finding out for myself.

Anywho this thread inspired me to upload some footage my lacertas outside from last week so here it is (warning it's like 5 minutes and not terribly exciting but it shows them just kind of doing their thing)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFL8-Yo8PGo

and just for the hell of a it a dumb video I made of some when I had them in their indoor set up
Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFatU...eature=related