FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Info BHB Reptiles
Thread: Info BHB Reptiles
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 01:36 AM   #43
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle View Post
If i were an employee of BHB, I would most CERTAINLY tell my bosses " Hey, you guys know this animal we are about to ship out has a GLARINGLY LARGE kink in it right?" Why the heck didnt this happen?? I have a feeling, and maybe i am wrong, that someone working FOR them packaged and shipped this animal. ( I say it this way, because i do not personally know)

Is this simply communication break down between bosses/employees? Rather than intentional/shifty. I really dont feel that a game was played here, i think it is the former. by my logic of being human and knowing it can happen.

If so, That is an issue that needs looking into then, certainly.... and needs immediate action to be taken to prevent this sort of thing in the future. Very very easily solved.

Glad to see that the issue is being resolved, THAT is good at least.

The mites though, get it fixed, and get it fixed pronto.
Heck, if any of you have ever been to the point where your snake breeding business requires employees, you would probably know that once you have other people handling ANY aspect of your business, you lose personal control of that aspect of the business. If you have to watch your employees 24/7 then you might as well be doing the work yourself, so you HAVE to allow that loss of control or else spread yourself so thin, that ALL of the work cannot possibly get done. The larger the collection and the larger the hired work force, the larger and more widespread the personal loss of control becomes. You have to TRUST your workers to do the work as you would do yourself, and quite often that falls WAY short of that goal.

I've had people work for me that SERIOUSLY scared me to think of leaving them unattended for any length of time. If you wrote out a detailed list of instructions for them to follow, and you neglected to detail what they should do if the building caught on fire, they would glance down the list looking for a line about "fire", and not finding it would figure they might as well just go home. This is absolutely NO exaggeration!

If Brian has people packing and shipping animals, he is pretty much at the mercy of THEIR attention to detail and THEIR work ethic. Heck, you have someone more interested in his cell phone conversation with his girlfriend while packing up shipments than what the heck he is doing with his JOB, and this is exactly the kind of results you can easily get. And quite honestly, depending on the local talent available, finding a decently size work crew capable of doing the job adequately for a very large snake breeding/importing/exporting business is a pretty darn tall order.

Seriously, if you yourself ever get to the size of an operation where you NEED to hire on help, you will quickly find that you are getting into a whole new level of headaches you never dreamed of before.

I have known Brian for a very long time. I SERIOUSLY doubt he ever laid his own eyes on that animal or it would NOT have been sold retail.